Saturday 11 August 2012

Losers I Have Dated




I was single and totally disillusioned with my life. I was tired of eating at home alone every night in my empty apartment. With very little time to socialize, I decided to try one of those online dating sites. A friend of mine suggested Plenty Of Fish, the name should have tipped me off, but I was desperate so I gave it a try. To my way of thinking, it seems that plenty of fish is good at catching the fishermen, but not so good at helping the fishermen catch fish. Needless to say, I was not impressed with the matches that I got on that site. Maybe I should have been using worms for bait rather than me.

My first date with anyone from POF was with a guy from France. On our first date, the only thing that he wanted to do was to go to his house for drinks. I was hungry and suggested that we go to dinner first. He very calmly sized me up and then said, “I am not interested in feeding your, I am only interested in having sex with you.” You have three guesses to as to what I said, and the first two do not count!

You have no idea how long I could go on telling you about the weirdos that I met on POF. Pigs who tell you anything to get you in bed. From just plain liars to married men, to just mere perverts. The psychos that continue to call even after you tell them to go fly a kite, and threaten to call the police. There is even a Gaga video that shows POF being used in prison. From my experiences, I will bet money that prison inmates have full access to this site.

I have never seen a place before with such a concentration of liars and cheats. I met over two dozen men in person via plenty of fish in the months I was a member. Only one of them was worth going beyond a second date with, and it turned out that on the fourth date he drops the bombshell that he is an illegal alien and needs to get married to stay in the country. Others wanted me to go on web-cam so they could see what I really look like because they did not believe my profile photo. Can you imagine, they didn't believe what I looked like when most of them looked nothing like their photo. POF does have its good points I suppose. If you are of average or even a bit below average in the looks department, you will get more than your fair share of attention.

For me, the last straw with that particular dating site came when I met an accountant. He lived in a loft condo in Manhattan. Not cheap! Everything was great. He took me to a top of the line restaurant. After questioning my tastes in food, he ordered for me, which was quite different than what most men would do. He ordered a really nice Pinot Grigio to go with our meals. We gone back to his place and he was a real gentlemen, we talked, laughed and snuggled.  Just at the point where I was beginning to think that I had finally found a keeper on POF, the axe fell. The cretin asked me to strip naked, insert a horse tail butt plug and play horsy with him. Well after yelling at him a bit, using words like creep, pervert, twisted, and I forget what all else, I smacked him with my purse and cantered out of the door.

That was when I finally got fed up with POF and deleted my profile. Maybe it works for some people but it sure as heck did not work for me. I was discouraged, and decided to never join another dating site.I was in the dumps about all of this and I promised myself that I would never do internet dating again. My friend, seeing how disillusioned I had become, decided to do some searching of her own. She told me she had stumbled upon a link that took her to a page that was full of dating site links for all kinds of dating preferences. She encouraged my to check it out to see if I could find a better site. When I got there I viewed it with a lot of skepticism, but once I realized the POF was not on their recommended list, they gained a bit in my esteem.  I was also surprised to find that eharmony was not there either – with all the ads on TV I had seen, they were the one I was going to try next, but they were just so darn expensive. After carefully checking out the different sites I choose a couple to try. Anyway, it was a good move because now I am meeting men who are looking for longer term commitments rather than just a roll in the sack. My social life suddenly got a whole lot better, and I am enjoying life again.

Most dating sites are not bad, although the totally free ones tend to attract more riffraff I am told. Even the best dating sites will have a few bad apples in them. You have to be on your guard anywhere. With internet dating you have to practice safe hex before you practice safe sex. Always be careful what you give out about yourself on the web in general. Safe sex starts with safe hex – keep your profile clean and keep personal address and contact information out of it. Even if a site is doing a great job at filtering out the weirdos, some still squeak through.

So visit the link below. It has some great advice for online dating as well as lists of recommended dating sites. I think you will find what your looking for just like me. Good luck.

Online Dating Advice For Women

No comments:

Post a Comment